Monday, August 3, 2009

2009 AAC Agility National Championships - Ottawa, Ontario July 30th - Aug 2nd 2009


This years Agility Association of Canada's National Championships were held at the Napean National Equestrian Park in Ottawa, Ontario. Firstly, let's all remember that it is a privilege to compete at this event. One must qualify in order to attend, and there are no second chances in agility. This is Blaze's 4th time qualifying to compete at the national level, and our 3rd time actually competing at a National Championship. It is still certainly a great thrill to be able to participate in this event. There were a total of 581 dogs entered in the National Championship, divided into 16 different height/class categories. This year was the first year that the "Double Drop Veterans" height class was introduced. Blaze competed in the 16" Double Drop Veterans class, meaning he is a veteran dog jumping 2 heights lower than his regualation height. There were 51 dogs in our division, and we finished in 17th place. I had 3 small handling errors, which in essense cost us a top 10 finish at this years Nationals. Blaze was such a good boy, he did everything I asked him to, and when he wasn't sure what I wanted because my handling wasn't clear, he really tried to figure out what it was I wanted.... I am so lucky to have such a great canine partner! We are also lucky that our dogs don't care about placements, or ribbons, or improving on last year's performance. If that were the case, I might be traded in for a better handler! All they care about is having fun. Blaze loves agility, and someday I hope to be the handler that he deserves.

Blaze in the weaves during Steeplechase 2 on the Friday.

My friend Helen also managed to get our Steeplechase 1 run on video, and has kindly posted it on YouTube, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM8AST3EfDY

5 comments:

Achieve1dream said...

He is such a cutie. Glad you qualified and had a fun time. I just love GSDs.

Anonymous said...

I just got my Iphone and i can't spend any money on apps so what r the best sites to get free apps?
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url] [url=http://toast-attitude.societeg.com/forum/discussion.php?id=199656]unlock iphone[/url]

Anonymous said...

In case you are interested to play Madden, NCAA Football, FIFA, NHL2K or Fight Night games on your Ps3 or Xbox console online for prize - we are searching for game testers now. Become our fan on Facebook before end of March and win $2,000 in cash: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=mf&gid=298821430083&_fb_noscript=1

Anonymous said...

Hails guys! I have a budget tattoo business in New York. Previously I bought all tattoo equipment at really low prices but my supplier killed himself (yeah, hard to believe) so I'm in search of a low cost tattoo supply seller (better online one) to buy tattoo supplies from. Here is an example of what I am looking for: Tattoo Supplies. Thanks a million in advance for any information folks! PM me or drop me some lines at: triple6tattoo@hotmail.com

bondage and sadism stories said...

She wont be party to creating amonster. Go relieve Taggert on theroof.
my first time stories malay
free mother daughter incest stories
teen virgins having sex stories
adult sex teen stories
free erotic romantic and fetish stories
She wont be party to creating amonster. Go relieve Taggert on theroof.